Post #1 - My News Sources

Source #1: WPRI
WPRI is a local news station that airs in my hometown of Warwick, Rhode Island. I don't often watch "morning" television but when I catch a glimpse of it, WPRI usually has everything I need while I'm back home. Since Rhode Island is so small, every city in the state is covered in it, so I know everything that's going on throughout the state. The site has everything covered from sports, weather, crime, and more recently, all info on COVID-19 in Rhode Island and what Governor Gina Raimondo has to say. There's also other programs that air like "The Rhode Show" which has information on tech, food, and other lifestyle topics in Rhode Island
WPRI 12 - WPRI 12 updated their cover photo. | Facebook


Source #2: Instagram
I feel that myself and many other college students or teenagers have started to lose interest in getting their news from newspapers or even television and websites. I can easily say that I get most of my information from social media, especially Instagram. In some cases like sports, I already follow pages that let me know whats going on in the NBA and other leagues, but a lot of information on different subjects come to me while I'm just randomly scrolling through my feed or discover page. If I happen to miss something while looking through posts, I'll usually get a notification from one of my friends sending me something, so I don't miss much when things happen.
Instagram on the App Store


Source #3: The Joe Rogan Experience
The podcast "The Joe Rogan Experience" is run by comedian and MMA commentator Joe Rogan. There is an extremely wide variety of people Joe Rogan has on his podcast, including astrophysicist Neil deGrasse Tyson, adventurer Forrest Galante, and even Elon Musk. Many of his guests have a huge amount of knowledge in whatever their field of work is, and listening to them talk has kept me informed and interested in topics I didn't know were enjoyable. I don't often listen to podcasts since they tend to get boring after listening for a while, but The Joe Rogan Experience has almost always kept me entertained.
Joe Rogan Experience #1347 - Neil deGrasse Tyson - YouTube
The Joe Rogan Experience with Neil deGrasse Tyson

Source #4: Fox News
While I started to stray away from getting involved in politics, I hear a lot of information politics-wise from Fox News. Whenever I do listen to Fox News it is usually with my dad when he watches a program called The Five. He watches this talk show almost religiously every night, and often asks me to watch it with him. Even though a lot of large media companies tend to be biased, The Five seems to be a bit tamer and more fun to watch.
Fox News Channel Keeps Counting on 'The Five' - Variety
The Five cast

Source #5: Scientific American
I've always been interested in science relating things since I was a kid, and when I discovered Scientific American in my high school physics class, I found it a great resource to find anything science related. There are topic related to the coronavirus, health, tech, space, and many more. There are also podcasts on the website to listen to anything relating to science that is going on the world right now.
Scientific American: Amazon.com: Magazines






















 

Popular posts from this blog

Blog #8: Privacy

Blog #2

Blog #4: Anti-War Voices